Well we made it to China last night. Our flights were smooth and uneventful, thank goodness (the last time we flew to China a guy had a heart attack or something on the plane and so it was very eventful). Cathay Pacific is the way to go, so much better than our trip over last time. There were television screens at each seat so I watched half of The Lucky One and half of Brave, some Friends and Modern Family episodes, and played some games. It was a great way to keep Bradley entertained. It seemed like they were always feeding us. They had snacks in the back of the plane to get whenever you wanted it which was so nice. The only downfall to that flight was the uncomfortable back to the seats and the long time it took to get to Hong Kong. Our flight from Hong Kong to Guangzhou was nice and quick, only 30 minutes. Yay to good flights!
Going through immigration was a breeze. I think it helped us getting in at night. Landing in Beijing last time seemed much worse. That's where Mark was told, in Chinese, that his passport didn't match him. They almost didn't let him through, it was crazy. This time we walked right through, grabbed all our luggage and met our guide Sarah, then grabbed our van and headed 30 minutes to the hotel. The Garden hotel is much grander and nicer than I expected. I will have to take a picture of our door to get in, it looks like a garage door! We have two seperate rooms, one living area with the couch, chair, set of table and chairs, and a desk area, and then another room with the beds and bathroom.
We were all exhausted when we got in last night but we finished watching Night at the Museum (with Chinese subtitles) and went to bed at about midnight. I woke up thinking it was morning and it was only 3:30am. Couldn't go back to sleep so I just decided to get up and chat with Katelyn some. I got to hear about her morning at church which I always love hearing about so that was nice. It's 5:30 now and Bradley is up so I guess we are all feeling the jet lag some (except for Mark of course, he can sleep through anything. He slept the most on the flights and tried to say Bradley and I got 4 hours of sleep! What?? You were sleeping, how do you know how much sleep we got? Haha!).
Today (Monday) we meet Brayden face to face finally. We will go to the Civil Affairs office at 2:00 and he will arrive there at 2:30 (so that will be 11:30pm on Sunday your time). It will be like going back in time because it is the same place we met Kennedi in her pretty red dress 4 1/2 years ago (exactly). That was a rough time because she was very upset...hoping today goes a little smoother. I think I would be upset and crying too if some white people, speaking only English, came to get me. That's got to be so terrifying. She was so brave to leave with us and I'm sure Brayden will be too. We are excited to meet the other family going with us (there's only us and this other family right now). They are going to meet their 14 year old daughter! They have their other 14 year old daughter (whom they adopted from INDIA) with them. How cool is that? We will have two 12 year old boys with us and they will have two 14 year old girls with them. We will definitely have to chat with them some about India and about my friends, the Andersons, who are anxiously awaiting to bring their daughter home from India. :)
Other than that, that's all I have for you right now. Our next post will have pictures of Brayden with us! Please continue to pray for us and our now 11 remaining days here. Love you all!
Praying! Did I send you my Skpye address. I know Journey would love to talk to Brayden. I pray that you are safe. I've heard about the mob storming the Garden. Praying for you now!
ReplyDeleteSame place we stayed for Aria. Loved it. The boys will love the pool. Praying you have a great day, with or without sleep. Cant wait for pictures!!!
ReplyDelete